1. I must preface this by saying that our school has a "no cell phones in class" policy. One day a student walks in my class with a sticky note from the office that said "Please let Aaron answer his phone in class. It will be his probation officer calling".....WHAT????? I saved this sticky note for years. I'm sure it's still in an old box somewhere.
2. A middle school student came to eat lunch in my room one day. She saw that I wasn't eating anything and asked me "Do you think it is a good idea for someone your age to be skipping lunch?" She did not know that I had already eaten my lunch before she got there.
3. Just this year I dressed in blue and yellow to show my support on Boston Marathon day. A student came in and looked me up and down and said with a straight face "Why are you dressed as the Ukrainian flag?" To be fair, this student is not from America and had no idea what the Boston Marathon was. That day I got a lesson in what each color of the Ukrainian flag represented.
4. One year I had my 8th grade students write me a letter stating the most important things they learned and what they remembered. One student wrote that he will remember that I always wore the most stylish shoes. Yes, this was an 8th grade boy that wrote that. (This was of course PRE-Marathon training)
5. Now several years later POST-Marathon I had a student say "look Mrs. S is wearing her Easys today. I thought, O gosh, does this kid think I wear Easy Spirit shoes like his grandma? I was wearing black Ann Klein wedges with a tiny bow on them. For sure they couldn't be mistaken for East Spirit shoes! Why are middle school boys so fascinated with women's foot wear anyway?
Regardless of all the silly stories I have to share, I love my job and am very blessed to be able to do the things I do. Okay, Let Summer break begin!!!! -M
Please share a funny story from your job........
We are linking up with the gals from the Friday 5.