Last year for marathon weekend my sister and I stayed at the Contemporary resort. The last time we had stayed here we were just kids and remembered it not being very "Disney-ish". Because of it's convenient location along the monorail line we decided to give it another try.
I must say that now that I am an adult, this resort is among my favorites! Here's why.
1. It's the perfect place to stay for a race weekend (at least for those races that start at Epcot). The Contemporary is the last stop on the monorail line before you switch monorails to go straight to Epcot. We love the fact that we can wait inside for the monorail and not have to board a bus.
2. Location of the Contemporary resort is key. Not only is it along the monorail line, but it is with in walking distance to Magic Kingdom and only a quick boat ride ( or jogging path) away from two other deluxe resorts that have some fabulous dining options.
3. The rooms. Need I say more. The rooms are absolutely fabulous. When we come for a race weekend we have a LOT of stuff. The large rooms here gives us plenty of space to spread it all out and still have space to move around.
|The desk area here gives us lots of space to plug in all our running accessories!|
The beds at the deluxe resort are suppose to be comfier too. I know these beds were nice but to be honest, I fall asleep fast so to me, all the other resort beds are nice too.
And as you can see, there is a touch of Disney in the décor too.
I neglected to get a picture of our view, but it was a great one. It overlooked the Seven Seas Lagoon and we had a great view of the Electrical Water Pageant. Actually, the first night we were there we went to bed early. A little while later I heard my sister ask me to turn the volume off on my phone. I wondered what she was talking about. Here she thought I was playing games on my phone because of all the little beeping noises. The noise was actually the water parade going on outside our window!
4. Food options. The Contemporary is known for Chef Mickey's Character meals, but even the quick service spot "The Contempo Cafe" is fabulous. I've had many good meals here.
5. The grounds are really beautiful and lots of places to relax and take in the scenery.
You can see the Wishes fireworks from the Contemporary and if you want to take one of the fireworks cruises, they leave from the dock here too.
The Contemporary is on the higher end of the price scale but there are times when you can get a really good deal. Many people who come for race weekend say that they only need a room to sleep in and that's it. Although that is true, when we go to Disney for race weekends we don't always plan to go to the parks (because we don't know how we will feel after a race). We do spend a LOT of time at the resort so for that reason we make sure to stay at a place we will enjoy and has great food options!
What do you like about this place?