As you know, we are suppose to be getting one heck of a snow storm this weekend here on the East coast. The supposed intensity of the storm in our area has changed from the beginning of the week when we were forecasted to get 4-8 inches. Later in the week it went to 2-4, and as of last night I heard 1-5. The storm will effect areas from Virginia to New York with the bulk of the storm hitting our friends in D.C!
I've read that this could be the next big Blizzard in the DC/NY area since the Blizzard of 1888, where they got over 3 feet of snow and with the 60 mile winds the drifts were as tall as 50 feet! WOW!
I've also read that all this snow could set coastal flood levels which isn't good either.
I heard on the radio last night that 50 million people will be effected by this storm.
I sure hope everyone is prepared. I just went to the grocery store last night and stocked up (not actually because of the storm, I needed groceries anyway)!
So will I be running in the snow? I actually have some very good memories of some great runs in the snow and as much as I would love to run in this winter wonderland I have a feeling actually driving to my favorite trail might prove to be dangerous. We will see.
I have to say that life has been busy lately and I wouldn't mind a weekend snowed in. I've already planned out what I'd like to do.
1. I see myself sitting on my comfy couch exploring a little Pinterest. Winter is a time for comfort foods and I'd love to find some new recipes to make them a little healthier.
2. Scott bought me a fancy sewing machine last summer from the Home Shopping Network (yes those HSN ladies are very convincing...lol) and I plan to put it to use. I have a few sewing projects I'd like to work on.
3. Next week starts a new semester at school so I'll be preparing syllabi and putting together lesson plans. I'm also taking an online course so I'll have some school work of my own to work on as well.
4. I cleaned my closet out last weekend and now have a large suitcase and two and a half heaping laundry baskets full of clothes I no longer need. Most of them are in great shape and still have the tags on them. I may see if I can try to sell some of them on Ebay.
5. I'd like to put my kitchen to use. I bought some ingredients to make some home made soups. I'd like to make a batch of food for Baylee too. I don't meal plan for myself but I do for Baylee. She's on a special diet and I'm hoping to get in the time to process her fruits and veggies a boil her chicken.
I sincerely hope that I get the time to do all these things.
If you will be snowed in this weekend what do you plan on doing? -M