1. First thing was to head to the Expo. We usually find the expo to be so much fun and spend a lot of time there but this year we did what we needed to do and were out of there.
Things on the to do list for the expo were....
1. Buy official Marathon Jacket.
2. Return the pre-order jacket ( I didn't care for the design this year and they did run really small).
3. Buy some GU and Honey Stingers.
4. Grab a sign for the Half Marathon.
For some reason we did not end up finding the booth that had the signs, so I had to make my own when we got back to the resort later that night.
|The jackets actually say "Running Around the World in 26.2 Miles".|
We did get these marathon jackets which we really like. This is my third teal Run Disney Jacket so I would have liked it if it was black ( like the men's version), but I do like that it is a full zip ( not a half zip) and it is fleecy inside.
2. Our second favorite thing on Friday was our Blogger lunch. We were invited to the Odyssey Center in Epcot for a fabulous spread and great conversation with other blogger friends.
3. The lunch was followed by some games. My sister and I were separated and each on a different team. The games consisted of a combination of trivia questions and activities.
Of course a visit with Mickey and Minnie was in order.
After getting out of our wet clothes (because we got caught in the rain), we freshened up a bit and made our way back to Epcot later that night to a Race Reception that we were invited to. The reception was in the American Pavilion in World Showcase. We met several people who are influential in the race community.
We also got to meet Paula Radcliffe. Paula is the current world record holder ( for women) in the Marathon distance. We took this picture for one of our friends. ( Sorry about the photo quality. The lighting in this venue was not very good).
5. The night ended with another great meal and a visit with "another" Mickey!
Because we had to get up early for the half marathon, we left Epcot before Illuminations.
So that was our very busy Friday last week.
What were some of your favorite things from last week?
We are linking up with the girls from the Friday 5 for Friday Favorites.