But the good news is that we now have Christmas break to look forward to and I'm making my things to do list a priority. These things NEED to be done for my own personal well being and satisfaction!
Here are just a few.....
1. Get a hair cut - I should have done this months ago!
2. Do my nails ( both fingers and toes) - I don't care if this is a professional or a DIY job. Its just something I keep putting off because in the big scheme of things it doesn't seem that important.
3. Clean and organize the hall closet- Scott and I bring our work laptops home and just randomly place the bag on the floor (or on the furniture) in our house. I'd like to make a little organized system in the closet. We'll see how this ends up!
4. READ my magazine! Last year I DID NOT renew any of my magazine subscriptions because I just wasn't reading them. As luck would have it ( and I am SO grateful) I was gifted with several more subscriptions this year ( Runner's World, Women's Running, and Better Homes and Gardens). Truth be told, I have not read one of those magazines cover to cover. This holiday break I am determined to sit down with at least half of them!
5. Last is just general house work- I'd really like to clean our basement up too. We go through these phases where we keep it really nice and then eventually we keep transferring things we don't want from up stairs to down in the basement and eventually it has become a "catch all" room!
IF I somehow do not get these things done over Christmas break, I will definitely be working on them after I come back from the marathon. I am actually excited about how much FREE time I will have once the Marathon is OVER!
If anyone wants to volunteer to come help me with any of these tasks, you are welcomed to! -M
What has monopolized your time this year?
We are linking up with the gals from the Friday 5.