Whether you are a long time blogging buddy or someone we just connected with this year, we'd love for you to join us again. Here's how it will work.
1. Sign up: Please let us know that you would like to participate by leaving us a private message on our Facebook Page Fairytales and Fitness or by emailing us at fairytalesandfitness at gmail dot com.
Please include your name (and name of your blog) and mailing address. (Please note your mailing address will only be shared with us Meranda and Lacey, and one other blogger). Please sign up by Wednesday November 25.
2. By Friday November 27,each blogger who participates will get the name and address of another blogger. You would then send that blogger a holiday card. You are encouraged to send "a little something" with your card. It might be a coupon for an item you think they would like or perhaps it's a race sticker. It could be anything really, but please make sure it fits inside the card. We don't want you to have to use any more then one stamp to send it! The "little something" inside the card is just that, a LITTLE something. I know some people got some really great somethings last year. People are really creative! If you want to know how we determined the swap list last year you can click HERE.
3. Once you get the name of your "secret blogger" you are encourage to visit their blog ( if you aren't already reading it of course). You might find that they are training for an upcoming race or maybe they are having a tough time with something and your encouraging words will be just what they need this holiday season. This way you get to know a little bit more of who they are and what they enjoy. It is up to you as to whether or not you want to keep your "Secret blogger" a secret.
4. Once you receive a card from a "secret blogger" please mention it on your blog and give that blogger a shout out. Please also mention that you are doing the Holiday Card Swap with Fairytales and Fitness so your readers don't think you just get random cards from bloggers...haha.
Know that you will actually be connecting with 2 blogger, One that you will send a card to and one that will be sending YOU a card. We thought this would be the best way to increase engagement among all who want to participate. Also, this way we don't have to worry about having an even number of participants.
5. Mail out your Card. Holiday cards should be mailed out between Nov 27 and Dec 18. This way we get it all in before the Holiday rush of that last week before Christmas. And remember, once you get your card, mention it and the sender in a blog post!
Here are a few blog posts I could find from bloggers who participated in the Card Swap last year.
Becky shares about the Holiday Card Swap
Jennifer shares about the Holiday Card Swap
Jessica Shares about the Holiday Card Swap
Gabby shares about the Holiday Card Swap
There are many more but these are just the ones I could find with a quick Google search.
Okay, so now who's ready to spread some Holiday Cheer with us?
If you have any other questions about the swap or there is something you are unsure of, please leave a comment below and we will respond! Thanks!
Friday 5 for the Friday link -up.