Here is that post and my responses to how it went.
1. Stay injury free- Now that the marathon is over, I do plan to take some time off from the gym, but I want to continue my program so I don't encounter anymore injuries.
YES, YES, YES!!! I did have a few niggles here and there but my IT Band syndrome did not rear its ugly head this year.
2. I want to concentrate on smaller distances and possibly hit my PR pace again for either the 5K or 10K. Since the injury I have significantly slowed down in these distances. I don't necessarily want a new PR, but would like to see myself get back down to where I once was.
I did not run any 10K races in 2016 but I did several 5Ks. I didn't make any PR-s in the 5K distance but I have been able to to get my pace back down to were I once was. I also earned 2 Age group awards at 5K races as well.
3. I have one race on the books for 2016 so far and that is the April Fools race along the boardwalk.
I ended up running 10 races in 2016.
4. For once I do NOT have another Disney race on the calendar. This is the first time in six years that I currently do not have a commitment to Disney! This may change in a few months though.
Yes, this did change. I ended up running 2 more Disney races after I wrote this post (for a total of 3 Disney races in 2016).
5. I want to travel less. I know "travel more" seemed to be a big goal for lots of bloggers but I want to do just the opposite. I want to take less race-cations and do some races closer to home ( or at least with in driving distance).
Part of that has to do with this little girl right here. I want to spend as much time with her as possible.
The Disney races were the only races I had to travel for.
6. Sign up for ariel yoga! This is the year I plan to do it. I've read about it on other blogs and I've even found a studio in town. Now I have the time, so why not?
Nope, still haven't done it. Truth be told I don't even know if that yoga studio is still operating.
7. Read more. I would like to keep up with my magazines and possibly even throw in a novel!
I read 4 Novels but have not kept up with my magazines.
8. Try "Race walking". (I'll expand on this later)
Yes, I did try it and it's harder than you would think. I have not raced a race by race walking but hope to do one sometime.
Now on to make INTENTIONS for 2017........ -M
We'll be linking this post up with the gals from TOTR.