|Sadly this is the extent of the leaves that are falling around here. Not too plentiful yet, huh?|
So as we finally approach Fall around here, I have some things to Runfess.......
1. 5K races are pretty plentiful around here, especially in the fall. I planned to do that Lights 5K that is run at night time and I also planned to do a few Halloween themed ones in October. Well, the night time 5K was this past Friday night and I didn't end up signing up and I probably won't sign up for any in October either. My reason is, I need to stop using my weekends to run 5Ks and start using them for long training runs!
2. My longest run to date has only been 8 miles. I have never felt so behind on a training plan before. I don't want to ramp up mileage too quickly but I wonder if I should even try to do 13.1 before race day? I've always gotten in a 13 mile training run during every other cycle. I know people who've only ever trained up to 10 miles for a half. I can definitely get in 10 miles by then. If I DO ended up squeezing in the 13 miles, I definitely won't have any taper time. What do you guys think on this one?
3. I'm meeting one of my favorite running friends this weekend! I can't wait to show her my favorite places to run and walk. Unfortunately it looks like our lovely weather is coming to the end and we will have rain this weekend. Boo...
4. I haven't gone shopping for clothes (running or work clothes) since May. I'm planning a weekend to hit up some of my favorite stores sometime in October. I'm also hoping to pick up a few fall decorations for my house.
5. I've been trying to keep a better handle on my post run nutrition. I am one of those people who can't even begin to think of food after a run so I rarely eat anything. This certainly isn't good. I've stocked up on these Quest protein powders for after my runs. I've already had one of each of these flavors and the one I keep buying more of is the Salted Caramel! I mix mine with Vanilla Almond milk so I'm thinking it's sweeter than what it probably is suppose to be.
What is your advice on #2? Share anything else about Fall with me! -M
We are linking up with the gals from the Friday 5.