I always thought that I need my music to run. To be honest, I never thought I would be able to get through a long distance race without it. I mean come on, running 13.1 or even 26.2 miles without my music would be pretty boring if not awful. But somehow I've managed to do it not once but several times. Of course these were during races where I was running with someone else. During races where I am running on my own I DEFINITELY need my music.
My sister and I are both "old fashion" as we call it. We don't have blue tooth head phones and we still listen to a playlist on our trusty ipods, not phones. But hey, it works for us and if it's not broken......
So being the old fashion 30-somethings that we are, there are a few things on our playlist that lets just say we should probably be embarrassed to admit we listen too.
1. Justin Beiber - I have to admit, he's had some pretty catchy tunes lately. I've even been able to find some of his slower music as dance mixes which make for perfect songs for on my running playlist.
2. Sam Tsui- Sam has been one of my favorite artists for several years now. I don't even know how I discovered him. It must have been through You Tube. He started out doing covers of pop songs and I love his Summer Medleys which are a mash up of the most popular summer songs by year. He sings in a very "Glee" type manner. He recently started recording original material and I really hope he becomes a huge star! Here are the links to the Summer Pop Medleys if you want to check them out. FYI: 2011 and 2012 are my favorites. You can search for other ones by year.
3. Ode to the 80's- Before I lost all my music I did have a few 80's song on my ipod. I haven't been able to replace all my tunes yet but I did have a few Michael Jackson songs, The Who, Super Tramp, and wait for it......A Debbie Gibson song. I don't even remember which one it was but it was really up beat.
4. I admit I have a Miley Cyrus song on my playlist. I've never been a fan of Miley, but I have to admit that Party in the USA is one of my faves. This song was playing on my ipod when our plane was landing in Las Vegas when we visited for the Rock n Roll Marathon weekend a few years back. Now every time I hear this song I think of all the lights I've seen from the strip while in the airplane!
5. Okay I do have some modern tunes by artist such as Taylor Swift, Pitbull, Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons, Ellie Goulding, Selena Gomez, R.Kelly, Usher, Flo Rida, American Authors, Drake, and Train, and Jamie Grace.
And o yea, on Friday, this happened........
So tell us, what's on your playlist that you'll admit to listening to? -M
We'll be linking up with the gals from TOTR.