As most runners do, I often think about the new races that I would like to try. Because of where I am located, most of mine that make my list tend to be on the East Coast.
The ones I chose are not super popular and some of them I may
never even run but it's always nice to keep a list of them in the back of my mind ( or now on this blog).
1. I love a good themed race and the OZ run in Kansas looks like it will fit the bill.
The Downside: Well, It's in Kansas and really I have no other reason to visit Kansas.
2. Sipping mint juleps and wearing fancy hats are a must if I participate in the Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon Weekend. I think this looks super fun. I don't like that it takes place in April but I DO like that if I run it I can finally meet up with Rebecca Jo! Perhaps I really can put this on the list as a future race!
3. I never had any desire to try to get in the NYC marathon, but I have to admit running through Times Square sounds appealing. I got a taste of this while running past New York, New York, when we ran the Strip at night in Las Vegas. For this reason I would love to do the NYC Half Marathon.
The Downside is that this race is in March and the weather can be anything from rainy to windy, to snowing, and I really don't want to take a chance of running a race in miserable weather.
4. The Lehigh Valley Marathon. If I do another marathon anytime soon I may consider this one. This is the one all the Runner's World folks do. It is consider one of the flattest, fastest courses in PA. This is a pretty small race and I'm sure I would be a back of the packer, but it might be a good chance to PR.
The Downside: This would mean I have to train for another Marathon.
5. The Women's Nike half marathon has been on my list for quite a while. On the East coast we had one in DC, then that stopped. We had one in Toronto, and then that stopped too. For 2016 the Nike race is coming to Atlanta. As far as I know, the race date for Atlanta has not been announced yet but I would assume it will be sometime in the Fall.
Downside: No race date set makes it hard to plan a fall race (especially now since I already have 3 fall races planned).
Thoughts on any of these races? -M
We are linking up with the gals from the Friday 5.