We have said here on the blog before that we don't really set Goals, but we do make plans. I was reading another blog last week where another blogger said she didn't like the word "goal" or "resolution" so she was using the word "Intentions". I like that so that's what I'm going with.
The reason I have not posted any 2016 intentions yet was because I didn't even want to think about 2016 until the marathon was over. I think that was my biggest priority thus far. Well the marathon is over and here we are. So what are my "intentions" for the year?
1. Stay injury free- Now that the marathon is over, I do plan to take some time off from the gym, but I want to continue my program so I don't encounter anymore injuries.
2. I want to concentrate on smaller distances and possibly hit my PR pace again for either the 5K or 10K. Since the injury I have significantly slowed down in these distances. I don't necessarily want a new PR, but would like to see myself get back down to where I once was.
3. I have one race on the books for 2016 so far and that is the April Fools race along the boardwalk.
4. For once I do NOT have another Disney race on the calendar. This is the first time in six years that I currently do not have a commitment to Disney! This may change in a few months though.
5. I want to travel less. I know "travel more" seemed to be a big goal for lots of bloggers but I want to do just the opposite. I want to take less race-cations and do some races closer to home ( or at least with in driving distance).
Part of that has to do with this little girl right here. I want to spend as much time with her as possible.
6. Sign up for ariel yoga! This is the year I plan to do it. I've read about it on other blogs and I've even found a studio in town. Now I have the time, so why not?
7. Read more. I would like to keep up with my magazines and possibly even throw in a novel!
8. Try "Race walking". (I'll expand on this later)
Do we have any of the same "intentions" for 2016? -M