So the Friday 5 topic this week is 5 ways to stay healthy through the holidays. Well instead of telling you to sign up for a turkey trot or to take it easy on the desserts, we decided to share ways to maintain your health in 5 minutes or less! Everyone is so busy during the holidays but yet people are always on social media. For this reason we decided to share 5 social media sites that give great healthy living/eating tips. The best part is that it will only take you 5 minutes (or less) to scroll through and learn something new. You won't have to worry about scrolling through a ton of selfies or pictures of kids and dogs (yup even I'm guilty of posting pictures of my dog) or even people trying to sell you shakes and wraps (you know what I mean, right) to get to some real legitimate healthy tips!
So here goes....
1. GTP Fitness: This Instagram account is run by a personal trainer and is full of great healthy eating tips and good things to know about your body's joints and ligaments. No fluff or selfies here! Just good healthy tips. Here is a sampling of what you will find on this IG account. Go ahead, take 5 minutes and scroll through.
Although this account is still active with great tips, I know this person posts more on their Facebook page. I just haven't been able to find it yet. I will get back to you once I do.
2. girls._.sports is another great Instagram account full of tips for women athletes. Right now she is sharing some great tips for runners. Next month she will start adding some tips for other sports. If you love running (which I am sure you do), you should add her to your IG feed. Here is just a sampling of what you will find on her page in 5 minutes or less!
3. eat_drink_shrink Take 5 minutes and scroll through this great site. It's jam packed with more healthy tips about food and which foods help with which parts of our body. Here is a sample of what you'll find.
4. LiveLightMD Follow this account for high protein, low calorie meals you can make in 5 minutes.
5. Fitnessrunningtips You are never too old, too good, or too fast to learn a few more running tips, right? Go ahead and take 5 minutes and add this Instagram page to your account.
So the next time you only have 5 minutes to spare and you are flipping through your phone, perhaps you will come across one (or more) of these accounts and you will learn a healthy tip that you will be able to put into action later in the day (or week)!
Tell us, is there an account that you follow that you actually learn some good tips from?
We are linking up with the gals from the Friday 5.