1. I think I speak for both of us when I say this summer has brought some major life changes for each of us. Some we've talked about on the blog but some we haven't. Some of the things have been struggles and some are exciting things we have to look forward too. I for one, have realized that running is no longer my top priority and have even decided to not run some races I have already registered for. Such is life.
I have this sign in my house that says "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole". I got to thinking that running has kind of been like that for me. As much as I love running and racing ( and I do like the races), it is not my whole life, but it definitely has enhanced my life. -M
2. I've kept up with my fitness this summer by doing several virtual races that were sponsored by Gone For a Run. The last run I'll be doing this summer is the Sole Sister Seven Miler.
I plan to do this run with my sister. I continue to be impressed with the swag from Gone For A Run. In addition to the shirt (we actually got tank tops) and cool medal, we got a cute shoe charm! -L
3. In addition to my Florida trip and my cruise, we both enjoyed family day trips to the zoo and safari and lots of bike rides. I got to see Maroon 5 in concerts which was fun but I've determined that I'm too old for the concert thing! I've also got to connect with some old friends and meet some new blogger friends. -M
4. I've been pretty busy at the gym this summer. Not only have I been taking classes but I've ben teaching to. I 've been teaching group fitness classes and doing personal training. -L
5. So now the thing that I always look forward to during the summer: Rock n Roll Virginia Beach! For the last several years this has always signified the end of summer for us. This year "Bad Ass" will be running with me. It will be his first half marathon! -L
Don't forget you can still use our code for a discount on your next Rock n Roll Race!
We are linking up with the gals from the Friday 5.