Greetings folks! The theme for this week's Friday Five is five summertime drinks. Since we are in Disney World this weekend I thought it would be appropriate to list 5 favorite drinks that can be found at Disney. But wait a minute! They won't all be MY favorite drinks. They are Must Have drinks from some of the Biggest Disney fans. You may also know them as some of your friendly run Disney bloggers!
So what do they all stand in line for when they visit the world?
1. Monica and Walt ( AKA Disney Bride and Disney Groom) from Running Happily Ever After:
Monica prefers Jungle Juice which is equal parts Orange juice, Passion Fruit, and Guava juice. Jungle Juice is available at Boma and Tusker house. Walt on the other hand is a fan on the Grapefruit Beer in Germany. I was intrigued when I first heard of this. Enjoy this quick story from Disney Bride.
Walt says (without any hesitation) the grapefruit beer at EPCOT Germany. He has a cute story with this one. He stopped to get a drink in Germany during his 1st Disney Marathon. He was standing in line, and someone asked him - how did you do in your race? He replied - I'll let you know when it's over. He explained he still had 1 mile to go, but he was thirsty. The guest in line bought him a grapefruit beer. Walt has a great photo at the finish line - high fiving Mickey with one hand, and holding the beer in the other. It is his fave WDW drink.
2. Julie from RunWalk Repeat says her favorite Disney World beverage is a Blood Orange Margarita from Le Cava in Mexico( Epcot). Chiatali from Running and Enjoying the Journey says her favorite drink can also be found in Epcot. She enjoys the Grey Goose Slushie in the France Pavilion!
3. Amy from Mom's Magical Miles likes to order a Pina CoLAVA (not a typo). The Pina CoLava is
made with 2 parts pineapple juice, 1 part Coco Lopez, 1 part Bacardi Razz raspberry rum blended with ice and a small amount of raspberry puree. This drink can be found at Ohana and at the Contemporary pool. Denise from Healthy Family Media (formerly Healthy Disney Family), says her favorite drink can also be found at Ohana. It's the Lapu Lapu which is a tropical rum drink that is served in a pineapple. Karen from Just Me and My Running Shoes also has a favorite drink that can be found at the Polynesian. It's called Stitch Juice and you can find it at the Ohana Character Breakfast.
4. April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere says her favorite Disney drink can be found at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club resort. It's Orange Fanta with a shot of Vanilla!
5. And Finally my favorite Disney drink, I have had two drinks that I've really enjoyed at Disney so far. The first is the Chia iced tea at Nine Dragon's restaurant in Epcot. The second yummy drink I've had was a Melon Chi Chi which is like a Pina Colada but made with melon liqueur which I had at Citricos at the Grand Floridian.
Thank you to all the bloggers who gave their opinions on the best drinks at Disney!
What is your favorite vacation (or anytime), favorite beverage? -M
We are linking up with the gals from the Friday Five!